Posted at 1:00 pm , on April 18, 2018
Blogging is one of the most popular way to earn money online. However, it isn’t as simple as it sounds. It requires effort and patience especially if you want a high traffic on your blog. Consider it as your travel diary which you have shared online. Assuming you are a frequent traveler, here are a few tips you can use to start a travel blog.
- Before starting your own travel blog, see travel blog of popular bloggers. The one I follow is Nomadic Matt.
- Once you have an idea of the basic layout of a travel blog, you must choose a platform for blogging. WordPress is one of the most popular platforms as it is really easy to use especially if you don’t have a programming background.
- While traveling, please take good pictures and make good videos. Photographs and videos generally inspire people to travel to a particular destination.
- Content is the key. Remember! Travel Blogs with boring content don’t attract readers. Write good but not too long content. Travel itineraries should be to the point.
- Optimize your blog for search engines. If you are using Wordress, use Yoast plugin to optimize your site. Also search for popular tags on google.
- Use social media for marketing your blog. Keep links to your social media for follow ups.
- Also join travel forums and provide your blog links to those forums too.
- Subscribe to google alerts to get email notifications of blogs and websites similar to your blog niche.
Posted at 11:36 am , on December 1, 2017
“Travel Fail # 1”, the title might look different or even confusing. One question that may arise in your mind which will be like…BOTCHED?! WHAT DID GO WRONG? Well of course, it’s was trip which was in fact my first foreign trip as well as my first ever trip which I failed to plan well. In fact, my overcautious behavior led to thoughts like “What if this happened?” “What if that got wrong?” As a result everything got wrong resulting a messed up trip and still I feel the guilt of not planning it well. I won’t explain long but in fact a few things that you SHOULD NOT do while going on such a trip especially when travelling as a couple or else, you will end in disaster. Before I get into the tips, this was the trip that I transformed into my first blog post. Besides sightseeing in the trip, the thing which got messed up were the expenses. Until and unless you are going alone or travelling with the group each handling their own expenses, please DON’T FOLLOW THE EXPENSE PLAN mentioned in the link. While planning such trip, just keep one thing in mind. You are going there to enjoy and you are NOT alone. So before going to the trip, do discuss the trip plan with your respective partner as your financial values may be different from your partner. Remember! It’s your trip. YOU are going there to enjoy. People will say whatever they want to say and trust me, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! So let them say and enjoy your trip. The last thing what I want to say is no matter how hard you plan, things may go out of plan like delayed flights, issue in hotel booking even if you had made prior bookings, baggage issues etc. These issues will certainly make you anxious and frustrated at times so you must learn to face them together and try comforting the other that things will be OK in the end.
Well this is all what I wanted to say in this blog of mine. I am not an expert traveler but I must share and warn others if I fell in to a pit while walking on the road. Life is a roller coaster ride. It’s out choice whether to scream or enjoy the ride.